Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Blogging is hard...

Why would I want to spend all my time on the computer when I have the most beautiful country in the world at my fingertips? Thus, excuse my lack of posts. Spent the weekend in Venice as the "intrepid trio" as Dr. Murphy likes to call us. There are no words... ok, some words... but words do not do Venice justice. It is hands down, absolutely, totally the most beautiful/wonderful/breathtaking place in the entire world (that I've seen so far). I understand I have a natural tendency to exaggerate, but really... it is incredible.
We spent three days wandering the city, "getting lost" and taking pictures... it was incredible.
I realize I overuse 'incredible,' 'beautiful' and other such words. Either I need to find some new adjectives soon or Italy needs to start sucking. Your choice.
Funny story. We decided to take some food for the road. Thought it would be frugal and smart. Tyler and Josh packed some Nutella, honey, and bread. I (of course) wanted apples and bananas, like a good girl. One problem. SOMEone (who shall remain nameless... not me!) didn't close the lid to the honey jar. Which then opened. Which then leaked. All. Over. Venice. This is the honey trail we left from the water taxi to our hotel. We found in on one of our adventures out. We left Venice just that much sweeter. :)





Our last night in Venice we sat out on the chairs in San Marco Square with our feet in the water (sometimes, if your lucky, high tide floods the square). We sat there and listened to the orchestra play, people watched, and threw snack mix at people making out. Best night ever? Definitely.
Have I mentioned how much I love them? A lot. A lot, a lot, a lot.

My love letter to Venice? Would be an epic.

No comments:

Post a Comment