Monday, November 15, 2010

Whoopsie Daisies

I probably should blog more often. But I just don't care enough to. Or I'm too busy. You choose.

This week I was super busy. Work, running, work, yoga, work, winning at life.

I got some good ju ju goin' on right now. I found $8 on the ground the other day. Score! Then my co-worker Jessica took me with her to this industry networking happy hour thingy. Guess who won the raffle? THIS GIRL.

And now guess who is going to Reno/Tahoe to stay in a luxury hotel for 4 nights, a $150 credit to Charlie Palmer Steakhouse, and 2 (romantic... wink!) 50 minute massages?

ME. And my bestie. It's a girlmance. You wouldn't understand.

Then my team won trivia the other night! 3 free appetizers! 2nd place got a space heater... I think we were jipped.

That's some good ju ju right there. I intend on riding this gravy train all the way to 7-Eleven to buy some scratch off tickets. What WHAT!

I ran this weekend in Richmond. Confession: I chickened out of the Marathon (whomp whomp whooooomp). So I did the half. Results. It felt great! Only minimal hip pain, which is good. I finished better than what I wanted to going into the race, but was not tired or out of breath at the end. Which means I could've run it faster. Oh well. I listened to my body, and she said "Next time we will OWN!"

Too bad next time is in 2 weeks. Yeah, Outback Classic, I'm looking at you. Running with a friend-- who apparently is LAZY and won't get off his couch to train!

Signed up for another 5k. Santa Shuffle. Aiming for under 22 minutes. I can do it.

Home in 10 days for Thanksgiving. See you soon Jville. And family. And EMILY. YAY!

1 comment:

  1. you had me at "ju-ju". I was casually scrolling through my blog roll not intending to actually open any blogs up...just wanted to see what others were posting about. and then you said you had some good ju-ju flowin' and I was like I MUST find out. and guess what. I lost at trivia tonight and won neither an appetizer or a space heater. so :P to you and your good ju-ju. but congrats on winning the raffle and stuff!

    ReplyDelete