Sunday, December 19, 2010

Goals for 2011.

"If you want to live a happy life, tie it to a goal, not to people or things." -Albert Einstein

That Bert... smart guy. Someone should give him a prize or recognition. Bake him a cake or somesing.

I decided that 2011, my 25th year of life, will be the BEST one ever. I also decided that when I'm all old and wrinkly, that these are the days that I'll remember and cherish the most. So, let's make the most of it.

2011:

1. Run a marathon. Sub-goal: Run a marathon under 4 hours.

2. Run 2000 miles. That's like 38.5 miles/week. Child's play.

3. Start a career, not just a job. Find something I love, like working with Cause and make it happen.

4. Save some money for a trip-- funds for Dublin Marathon? Barcelona Marathon 2012?

5. Strengthen relationships with those I care about-- family, friends, most especially God. Yeah, the Big Man.

6. Be a mentor. Volunteer more. Work with a youth group. Become more involved in The Falls Church. (Whoa, that's more like 4 goals. Whatevs, my blog, my rules.)

7. Run a sub 21 minute 5k. Current PR: 22:20.


See? It's good to have goals. Potential goal #8: Own an alligator purse? I think yes. Best goal ever. (However, may conflict with goal #4.)

1 comment: