Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Thoughts of the day...

1. First, I think/hope the interview went well. I mean, besides the fact that I was sweatin' like a whore in church and stumbled through some questions. Forget my nervous laughter and lame attempt at making anyone laugh. Oh geez... hot.mess. I met the VP of HR and then my potential supervisor. For about an hour. And they asked for a writing sample, good sign? I think so. We will see. Oh, we will see.

2. These stinking hills are hurtin'. My shins huuuuurt. I mean, I enjoy the challenge and admire the scenery, but shoot, why? WHY? Why when I run to Georgetown (which is becoming a 2-3x/week route) I must go down and then come back up on my way home, when I'm hot and a little tired and thirsty. Yeah, thirsty. The only thing I can find to complain about living in DC right now is: NO public water fountains. What the what?! Rude.

3. The Post Office is hell on earth. Even the little neighborhood one I visited this morning. The website said "open at 8:30." LIES. It opened at 9. So I sat in the parking lot, hungry, groggy (hadn't had my morning coffee, even though I'd been up since 7:00), and now perturbed. Then when it opens the guy behind me is Mr. Obnoxious. Is it necessary for you to hum loudly? And tap your fingers against your cardboard box you're probably sending to your equally obnoxious prep school nephew? Oh, happy birthday nephew-- I'm sure you'll enjoy your new coffee mug and I heart DC t-shirt.

4. Nilla Wafers. Nabisco must put crack in those delicious little treats. Will not be purchasing them again. Would eat entire box in a sitting. And then I would be as big as a house and probably sweat MORE in interviews. Gross.
TMI? Tough. My blog, my rules.

5. Busy weekend ahead. I'm always busy. And I like it. You want some of this? You better speak up fast. Tots McGoats.

1 comment:

  1. D.C. needs to take a clue from Roma. Install aqueducts, route some pipes, bing! instant waterfountain.

    Hope you're doing well! Your roma girls MISS YOU!

    ~Shauna

    ReplyDelete