Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Jacksonville Symphony 4 Mile Run


Alright, I am pretty excited about this. Sunday, I ran in my first race since the Outback Half Marathon last Thanksgiving. I thought it would be relatively small, which it was... around 600 runners. And it was a great course, going over the Acosta Bridge... twice... within the first 2 miles. Loved it! But it was also supporting a great cause, the Jacksonville Symphony Orchestra. (Love me some arts).

Fun fact: I won my age group. Don't believe me?

I was elated! What a way to come back into running! It really has inspired me to pursue this whole Marato de Barcelona (the Barcelona Marathon, for those of you unable to translate simple Spanish) idea that I've built up in my head. Check it...



Yeah pink shirt, I beat you. You ran funny, you were basically asking for it.

So, I won a JSO CD, a coffee mug, and a plaque! Pretty cool, I think. I was a little disappointed in my time, mainly because when I finished I felt like I could do it all over again. But I think it's a great starting point since I just got back running like a month ago because of horrific shin splints brought on by over training after coming back from another ITBS flare up. I ran a similar course tonight much faster... like 3 minutes faster. I think I get scared to push myself too hard in a race... it's not cute to toss your cookies at the finish line. Trust me, I've done it.

Why do I run? Because I like cookies. A lot. In fact, I made some tonight after a grand total of 7 miles today.


Not going to lie... they're good. But not the best chocolate chip cookie I've ever had. I blame the recipe. Because I? Am a darn. good. baker.


Happy Running!


No comments:

Post a Comment