Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Shopping is my game...

Ah, one of my true loves in life... Shopping. I do my research mostly online and then head out to the shops! I've been on the hunt for a cute red skirt for a while now, thanks to the inspiration of InStyle magazine (March 2010).

I couldn't find it on the InStyle website, so I took the pic with my iPhone. I apologize for the lack of clarity. But, let's discuss how CUTE it is! And how great I would make it look! Then, let's discuss the price... really? REALLY Hugo Boss? Who died and made you so expensive? Geesh. Definitely not paying $300 for a cute skirt, doesn't matter how good I would make it look.


So, I've been on the hunt. And I love to hunt. I've scoured the Town Center, sent Lee and Suz to the outlets, climbed through the racks at Old Navy, Target, TJ's, etc. No such luck. Then, I found the beauty above. At Nordstrom.com. $188 for a Marc by Marc Jacobs. Not bad. I'm getting closer to my price range. (Again, momma needs a steady income to be spending such cash or just a sugar daddy).

Eureka! In a stroke of genius, I check Forever21.com. Don't judge... sometimes they have cute non-skank wear. Sometimes...

Yes, it's going to be cheaper material, not viscose like Hugo Boss or Rayon/Spandex blend like Marc-y-poo. But somethings I'm willing to sacrifice for price. A grand total of $19.80. Yes, I can budget that in.

I've already started planning outfits around it. I have an identical blue/white striped J.Crew oxford that would be adorable and chic. And a white poplin Theory top that would be cute tucked in. My yellow FS/NY flats would really set it off, or just my new BR wedges.

Cute, right? I know. Oh! Oh! And a cute yellow studded clutch! Ugh, so good. Can't you just see me traipsing through Rome in that? Buongiorno! Don't worry, I will update you on the cuteness that is this whole range of outfits.

Happy Shopping!

No comments:

Post a Comment