Saturday, October 30, 2010

Dear Metro,

Work out your kinks.
Best,
Kaylan


This guy nailed it. I like(d) the Metro. Until I had somewhere to be this morning. Apparently, so did 300,000 other people.

The Rally to Restore Sanity and/or Fear? MADE ME INSANE.

My goal for the day was to get to the Convention Center in the District and back in time to watch the UF-UGA game at 3:30. (First time I've missed this game in like 6 years.) Sad face.

Anyway, I make my way to the Metro at 10. I had to load my Smartrip, while 100 people were buying 1 day passes. With pennies. BECAUSE IT TOOK FOREVER. Do me a favor people, use plastic. Ain't that hard. Then I make my way to the overcrowded platform. Seriously-- you couldn't move. At all.

Theeeeeen, I watched 3 trains packed to the gills with all these emo liberal hipsters carrying signs (ok, some were funny. I.E. "Stop filibusting my balls!"). I vetoed this decision. Maybe it will be less crowded after the Rally starts (at noon). So I walk home, run errands, eat lunch, and venture to the Metro again.

SAME SHIT.

(And this was after 2 trains)
Somehow I managed to get on a train, where a very large black girl refused to hold on to anything and fell into me multiple times. Rude. We were packed in there like sardines, but dear God, if she had fallen, I think I would've died.

I did it. I made it to the Convention Center, got my race packet, scored some schwag, and got outta there. Made it back to my apartment for the 2nd Gator possession. And now we're winning. Yayyyyyyyyyy! Wish I were at Pour House though. Next week-- GAME ON boys.

No comments:

Post a Comment