Saturday, October 23, 2010

Thoughts of the day...

1. Murphy's Law? Sucks. Only because it's true. Seriously, I sign up for the marathon-- something on my list-of-things-to-do-before-I-die, and run the next day and my hip hurts. Granted, I've always had a little tweak in my right hip. (I think my legs are uneven. Yeah, that's how bizarre I am.) But seriously? WHY NOW? 3 weeks. I have 3 weeks to get this taken care of. I AM NOT BACKING OUT OF THIS MARATHON. No way, no how. Now, should I post a pic of hot dogs on my hip? Eh, not as funny as hot dogs on my foot.

Isn't my nail polish pretty? Essie's Swing Velvet.
Wait, wait, let me explain. I was babysitting, you see? And the top of my foot is bruised (shoe laces were too tight for 10.4 miles. Whoopsie daisies!) and I needed to ice it. But they didn't have an ice maker. Or an ice pack. Or frozen peas. However, they did have frozen frankfurters. Yeah, that JUST happened. Don't worry-- it's Kosher.

2. Happy Belated Birthday Mary Buck-Buck! I'm sorry I missed your 2nd bday party. I also apologize for refusing to pay $20 to ship your birthday presy. I'll bring it home for Thanksgiving and you can unwrap it then. But really, do you need another presy on your birthday? It's so much more fun to celebrate it a month later. So, I'm doing you a favor. You're welcome. Your Aunt DayDay loves you very much.

You are 2! And the cutest EVER!
3. It was 40 degrees this morning for my run. I was embarrassed to show up at Iwo Jima for DCRR's SLR in a *Cotton* long sleeved shirt (that was, of course, over like 6 other layers... what? I was cold.) Mockery ensued. Sorry I come from Florida where the sun is always bright and there is no need for heavy running gear. Yes, I realize I don't live there anymore (Yay!) but I've already spent enough money on sweaters and tights and such for work. Don't worry-- I will blog my 'First Day of my Big Girl Job" Outfit. And probably all my outfits for the week. I'm gonna look sooooooo CUTE!

4. I'm glad Florida isn't playing today. I need a break from my Saturday disappointments.

5. Explored Old Town yesterday during the day. I met Kirby there earlier this week for some din-din when he was in town doing some big, burly, hardcore Marine stuff. Tres lovely. Reminds me a lot of Avondale. Except like 100x bigger.

6. Went to a DC UNF Alumni event this week. That was fun! I'm looking forward to doing more stuff with them. Perhaps a kickball team? Yeah yeah!

7. Fun tonight with Audrey and Jo in Dupont. Church tomorrow. And laundry. And grocery shopping. And being a big girl-- which, I might add, I'm pretty darn good at.

Time for frozen peas on my hip. Hmm... peas sound good for dinner.

1 comment:

  1. ohh were you in old town va? alexandria? love it there...

    ReplyDelete