Monday, October 11, 2010

Let's talk...

about how awesome I am.

What? Too much? Too braggy? Tough, I'm proud of myself. And once again, my blog, my rules.

So, Saturday. I ran 21 miles. 21. That's 10 + 10 + 1. (In case you were wondering how that all adds up.) My pace? Around 8:45 min miles. Do you know what that means?! If I ran 8:25 min miles for 26.2 miles... I COULD QUALIFY FOR THE BOSTON MARATHON. Wicked awesome (what? It's a Boston thing-- you wouldn't understand).

Tricky part? I haven't actually signed up for a marathon yet. Yes, my heart is pretty set on Barcelona next March. But without a job, ahem, and some income, cough cough... it would be next to impossible. The Marine Corps is sold out, and has been for months. Plus, I'm already signed up to do the MCM 10k that day. (Don't think I won't make it to Barcelona-- oh, that WILL happen. Also contemplating a trip to Ireland... duh, Dublin Marathon).

Guess what? The Richmond Marathon is open, and in a month, and isn't too far away from DC. PERRRRRFECT. I'm a cashew, let's do this. Psyched. Now, it is my first marathon and while I would LOVE to qualify for Boston, I think that's a pretty lofty goal. I have been running a lot, but not necessarily training. So, goal? Under 4 hours. Pretty sure I could do it. Nope, I AM GOING TO DO IT. How's that for some positive energy?

Wow, I'm excited.

Also, be expecting a blog update to tell the world how I am employed. This week is the week. I can feel it in my bones. Go me!

No comments:

Post a Comment