Thursday, May 13, 2010

And the food must be eaten...

This is my friendly reminder to myself... on the fridge...
It basically reminds me I can't eat anything fun. Thankfully, I've found a wee little treat at Publix.
And you know what, they TOTally taste like the real thing. I got the minis, and they're plenty big enough. Like the size of a Klondike bar. When I'm in pinch and a frozen banana just won't cut it, I grab a little guy and go.to.town.
But back to what I wanted to talk about... When I tell people I'm doing this "diet" (more like lifestyle change, thankyouverymuch) they're all like "what the what DO you eat?" I can eat whatevs I want, I just don't eat dairy, most prepackaged foods, and white flour. The picture above is what I had for lunch yesterday. 1 1/2 cups of spring mix, 1/2 cup of strawberries, and 1 tbsp of light organic balsamic vinaigrette and 1 cup brown rice, 1/2 tomato, and 6 baby carrots.

I attempted to eat this much because I ran 9 miles yesterday and I know I needed the nutrients, but once I got through the salad I was so full! I mean, I love my food baby tummy, but it's bikini season and some people get grossed out. Whatever.

Week Two is no meats. Anything that once had eyes, or a mother, that makes any sort of sound whether it is moo, cluck, ribbit, meow... (just making sure you're paying attention). I'm not doing week two wholeheartedly. I am giving up red meat and cutting way back on all meats, but refuse to give it up completely. I understand it would really help lower my cholesterol, but come on! Apparently I need to get more creative with this food thing...

No comments:

Post a Comment