Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Last Saturday

I keep meaning to document interesting parts of my life so I can look back and say this part of my life was not a complete waste. I do things. I'm hip, I'm with it.

Last Saturday was a super busy day! But let's start with Thursday. After the Kitsy and I spent the afternoon at the beach (lovely), I came home and baked. And I love to bake. I literally made over 100 cookies, which is interesting because the recipe is called "100 cookies". Boom. Beat you recipe.

Then, I did stuff on Friday. Went to the outlets in the morning with the Kitsy, UNF for a Rome meeting (SO EXCITED!), and worked the afternoon away. After my run, I started baking again. I made 2 pans of lemon squares, Texas Tornado cake, and 2 pans of Samoa Blondies. I was a baking fool. All for the RSM Fundraising Dinner on Saturday night (love yall!!)

But Saturday I volunteered at the Jacksonville Backyard BBQ Championship for Danielkids, a worthy local non-profit.

It was on the grounds of the fire station on Stockton Street. You know... the one where they have those training fires in the tower.
And this is the mighty throne.
Big Boo. Tee-hee.
Yes, I sampled this. Sorry diet, I just had to. Smelling this and not indulging just seemed so very very wrong.

After being there from 9-3, I went home, showered (because I smelled like a giant ham... which isn't unusual) and went to Redeemer to be with my kiddos. And that was a blast. I stinking LOVE Redeemer and the youth there. I have the privilege of working with them every Wednesday night and it is the highlight of my week. Each one of these young people are so special and amazing and just plain awesome. I feel so lucky to know them. And that's a good feeling.

We raised over $2000 for missions and trips for RSM (Redeemer Student Ministries)! Yay! A big thank you to all who showed up and ate yummy goodness and contributed.

No comments:

Post a Comment